(Note:I am limiting today's review to traditional websites only; a similar review of mobile sites will come soon.)
Here's a a nice-to-have: Wouldn't it be great (ie: "useful") to see a “By User Review” tab on the “Find a Hotel or Resort” page?
- Ratings and reviews from multiple platforms (not just TripAdvisor) located within the site
- A comprehensive sharing strategy that extends deeply into the website and that includes Google +1
- If the brand believes its social content to be influential to shoppers, that should be embedded within the site as well.
- Including ratings and reviews in the booking engine pages (the hotel equivalent of the shopping cart), not just the presentation layer
- Experimenting with validated reviews, as Starwood have done
- Any use of the game mechanics that are used by Booking.com to such excellent effect.